This blog is dedicated to my husband who sees my imperfections and doesn't mention them.

I love trying new beauty products. Place me in a Sephora or Ulta store and I feel I am in paradise. For hours I can pleasantly entertain myself looking at the plethora of different shampoos, facial washes, makeup and perfumes, envisioning myself as a size 0 with glowing clear skin, no split ends, and being stopped by every man in America asking “What’s that scent you are wearing? (Ok, maybe not EVERY man)

One of my downfalls , as my mother will readily tell you, is that I am a sucker for cool packaging and intriguing ingredients. That inclination has resulted in trying hundreds of different products over the years – good and bad. Some products I have used ever since I was in college and I would rather exit the house with no makeup and hairy arm pits then see my fav end up on the proverbial chopping block. Others I have readily discarded vowing never again to be duped by flowery ingredients which deliver zero results.

Because of my “beauty product love”, I probably have more knowledge roaming around in my head than Wikipedia. So I decided to start this blog to share my adventures with you on the quest for beauty, giving my recommendations and warnings so your money can be well spent. The subject matter may be a tad vain, but ultimately every woman has an innate desire to look and feel her best and there is nothing wrong with that. Happy reading, and if you don’t come for my daily blabberings at least drop by for my contest giveaways that I hope to do every other month.


Lose Weight...on the Twinkie Diet?

twinkie-diet.jpgMark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, recently conducted a study that made us wonder if ice cream for dinner may not be such a bad idea after all. For 10 weeks, Haub ate a steady diet of Twinkies, Nutty Bars, powdered donuts, and Doritos (which he made sure to pop into his mouth every three hours). In cutting out all three balanced meals a day (only breaking his junk food binge for a daily multivitamin pill, a protein shake, and a can of green beans or a few celery sticks), Haub set out to discover whether food quality or sheer calorie counting is the secret of weight loss success. And the results? On his "convenience store diet," Haub shed 27 pounds in two months, and his body mass index decreased from 28.8 (overweight) to 24.9 (normal). Haub's "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced his level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent.

So does this mean you should stop eating salad and skip straight to dessert? Of course not—since when it dieting ever fun? Nutritionists caution that all that processed food, and lack of fruits and vegetables, could have dire consequences (read: cancer and other horrible diseases) down the road. Still, it's nice to know that you don't have to necessarily stress over where every calorie comes from (fats! carbs!) as much as just how many calories you're downing when you're looking to lose the pounds.

RELATED LINKS:
Daily Beauty Reporter: Diet Danger
Daily Beauty Reporter: The New Extreme Diet
Daily Beauty Reporter : Can Your Diet Make You Live Longer?
The Five Latest Celebrtiy Diets You Won't Believe

PHOTO: COURTESY OF HOSTESS


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No response to “Lose Weight...on the Twinkie Diet?”

Leave a Reply