This blog is dedicated to my husband who sees my imperfections and doesn't mention them.

I love trying new beauty products. Place me in a Sephora or Ulta store and I feel I am in paradise. For hours I can pleasantly entertain myself looking at the plethora of different shampoos, facial washes, makeup and perfumes, envisioning myself as a size 0 with glowing clear skin, no split ends, and being stopped by every man in America asking “What’s that scent you are wearing? (Ok, maybe not EVERY man)

One of my downfalls , as my mother will readily tell you, is that I am a sucker for cool packaging and intriguing ingredients. That inclination has resulted in trying hundreds of different products over the years – good and bad. Some products I have used ever since I was in college and I would rather exit the house with no makeup and hairy arm pits then see my fav end up on the proverbial chopping block. Others I have readily discarded vowing never again to be duped by flowery ingredients which deliver zero results.

Because of my “beauty product love”, I probably have more knowledge roaming around in my head than Wikipedia. So I decided to start this blog to share my adventures with you on the quest for beauty, giving my recommendations and warnings so your money can be well spent. The subject matter may be a tad vain, but ultimately every woman has an innate desire to look and feel her best and there is nothing wrong with that. Happy reading, and if you don’t come for my daily blabberings at least drop by for my contest giveaways that I hope to do every other month.


Kate Walsh's New Scent—And Beauty Secrets

kate-walsh-frag.jpgWhen my co-workers found out Kate Walsh from Private Practice was coming into the office to talk about her new fragrance collection, Boyfriend, almost everyone said the same thing: "She is so beautiful. And she seems so nice." I can confirm that it's all true. She looks great and she was funny and low-key, and even gamely drank a cup of our office coffee. (I offered her Starbucks, I swear). The Boyfriend collection, which goes on sale on HSN this week and will be in Sephora stores in February, was inspired by (you guessed it) an ex. Walsh says she realized that what she missed most was the scent her boyfriend left behind. "But you don't want to wear his cologne," she says. "You just want that feeling, that combination o excitement and security. It's cozy but still sexy." The result is woodsy and warm, but still feminine. Walsh also stars in a series of promotional films that she hopes will go viral.

While she was here, she also gave me some highlights of her beauty routine:


How she gets the perfect shade of red hair:
"It's actually really hard. I'm constantly asking myself: Is it still right? Is it fading? I've had dangerous things happen. It can easily go pink or orangey. I've looked like an '80s rocker, like I'm Pat Benatar's missing bass player. But I love my colorist, Christopher Pierce at Andy Lecompte salon. Sometimes we put in highlights and change it up."

Her skin secret: "Kate Somerville. I'm obssessed with her products."

Her favorite makeup: "Laura Mercier Eye Primer. My makeup artist turned me on to it. You can use it alone and it has this great peachy color, or you can wear it under other eye makeup. It evens everything out and it's a great concealer."

The one thing she won't do for beauty: "I won't spray tan. I just don't get it--I don't want something on my skin that I can't wash off. I don't see what's wrong with having fair skin. I think it's beautiful."

RELATED LINKS:
Daily Beauty Reporter: Pick the Perfect Scent
Daily Beauty Reporter: Patrick Dempsey's Cologne
Daily Beauty Reporter: How to Make Fragrance Last (Without Overdoing It)

PHOTO: GETTY IMAGES


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No response to “Kate Walsh's New Scent—And Beauty Secrets”

Leave a Reply