This blog is dedicated to my husband who sees my imperfections and doesn't mention them.

I love trying new beauty products. Place me in a Sephora or Ulta store and I feel I am in paradise. For hours I can pleasantly entertain myself looking at the plethora of different shampoos, facial washes, makeup and perfumes, envisioning myself as a size 0 with glowing clear skin, no split ends, and being stopped by every man in America asking “What’s that scent you are wearing? (Ok, maybe not EVERY man)

One of my downfalls , as my mother will readily tell you, is that I am a sucker for cool packaging and intriguing ingredients. That inclination has resulted in trying hundreds of different products over the years – good and bad. Some products I have used ever since I was in college and I would rather exit the house with no makeup and hairy arm pits then see my fav end up on the proverbial chopping block. Others I have readily discarded vowing never again to be duped by flowery ingredients which deliver zero results.

Because of my “beauty product love”, I probably have more knowledge roaming around in my head than Wikipedia. So I decided to start this blog to share my adventures with you on the quest for beauty, giving my recommendations and warnings so your money can be well spent. The subject matter may be a tad vain, but ultimately every woman has an innate desire to look and feel her best and there is nothing wrong with that. Happy reading, and if you don’t come for my daily blabberings at least drop by for my contest giveaways that I hope to do every other month.


Do Men Worry About Aging as Much as Women Do?

warren-beatty-shampoo.jpgOkay, certainly not all men worry about how they look as they age, but lots of them do—and try to distract from a graying beard, wrinkles, or a receding hairline with a red Porsche Boxster (or hide behind a bad toupee). Michael Patrick King, the creator of Sex and the City, is aiming to explore how men deal with getting up in digits in a show that may wind up on NBC. Deadline Hollywood described it as "in the vein of the 1975 feature Shampoo...it centers on a straight Beverly Hills hairdresser in his '50s who is struggling to stay young and relevant in a place where looks are everything." Since I've loved how all of King's shows address women staying youthful and relevant (SATC, of course, and also Lisa Kudrow's character in The Comeback), I'd definitely watch this show. But I'm a little dubious about the idea that looking older is as hard on men as it is on women, since we tend to be judged much more harshly for grays and wrinkles. (After all, they get terms like "distinguished" and "stately," while we get "hag.") Do you think aging men have as many struggles as aging women?


RELATED LINKS:
10 Hairstyles That Will Make You Look 10 Years Younger
20 Products That Will Make You Look Younger—Instantly

PHOTO: GETTY IMAGES

No response to “Do Men Worry About Aging as Much as Women Do?”

Leave a Reply